Saturday 19 January 2013

Attakwas!!!

Well, that's the Attakwas extreme done. My first training race in preparation for Freedom Challenge 2013.... As much as it was a suffer fest of note, I'm really happy with current state of fitness...at this stage I'm just doing long slow base training without any high intensity 'pain' threshold training and I still managed to finish in same time as last year when I was well advanced in training for Epic...so all good. The route resembled much of what I will be facing at FC so really chuffed to be able to stress myself out in these conditions. I also made a point of riding by myself the whole time...something that FC will require....just a note of congratulations to my friend Eric Kleinhanse who pulled of a podium spot today as well as his wife Ariane....the real deal!!! Time now for some r&r with my gorgeous wife and some Chardonnay next to the ocean....cheers till next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment